Friday, December 22, 2017

Santa Wool Stitchery


Yesterday I finished this little wool Santa piece. The pattern is from Calico Patch Designs - Calico Christmas Sampler - Block 1 - "Ole St. Nick."   I used three strands of floss throughout for buttonhole, lazy daisy, and stab stitches. The eyes were two strand French knots. I am not doing the entire sampler; I just did the Santa which is 5 by 7.


I also made this little mug rug to accompany a box of chocolates for my ever patient flute teacher.


On Wednesday, I attended the Christmas show at the parochial school where two of my young cousins go. As always, it was one of the highlights of the season. This Christmas program would put a smile on the face of Scrooge, the Grinch, and even Old Man Potter of Bedford Falls. In the first half, each grade from PreK to fifth grade performed one or two songs complete with choreography and costumes. After a brief intermission, the sixth and seventh grade choir accompanied the eighth graders as they presented the nativity story.  My favorite part . . . the third graders rendition of "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree." Why? Well, Miss T. is in third grade. If you know me, ask to see the 56 second video that I recorded on my iPhone. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face, too!

Marry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the school programs. . .to see the excitement on the performers' faces and the pride in the parents' faces. . .well, it is just wonderous!!!!

    ReplyDelete