Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas Crafting and Vintage Finds



Last week, a friend came to spend the day quilting. After a quick lunch at Niko's, we went across the street to Landing Antiques in East Weymouth. It's a fun place to wander around in search of treasures. I found this green Avon vintage bottle and another Christmas tree pin to add to my collection.


I also bought this candle holder. As I was studying it, I had in mind how I would use it. I added some sprigs from my pine tree, a few gilded pine cones, and red candles. It came out just as I had imagined it. 


I can envision decorating and using it for various holidays, seasons, and reasons.

I also did a bit of crafting. My forever friends and I exchange small gifts at Christmas, and this year I made five little Christmas/winter scenes. (I refer to them as my forever friends as we have known each other since childhood.)


In case they are hard to see, some jars featured deer, some a mother bear with cubs on a sled, and one with a cat for my friend who has Mimi. :-) It was an easy process. I bought the jar at Michaels and added the decorative elements with E6000 glue which will adhere items to glass. (Be sure to use it only in a well ventilated area as the fumes are strong.) I let them dry for twenty-four hours before adding the snow.

I finished all of my shopping today and have only two more gifts to make, so I am in good shape.

Don't get stressed trying to get everything done; take time to enjoy this magical time of year and never lose sight of the real reason for this season.

3 comments:

  1. Forever friends is a sweet moniker for long time friends! That candle holder rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the candle holder. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete