Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Paintbox Quilt Top


As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am working on quilts for the upcoming tenth birthday of my triplet cousins. Fortunately, the Star Wars quilt just needs to have the binding sewn down. I wasn't sure which pattern I would use for the girls' quilts until I purchased the Spring/Summer2015 - Better Homes and Gardens Quilt Sampler magazine. This publication features selected quilt shops in each issue. As soon as I saw the "Paintbox" pattern designed by Lori Krueger of The Patchwork Co. in Windham, New York, my decision was made. Here is the completed quilt top for one of the girls.

Yesterday, I went with friends to pick up some completed quilts, and I was able to drop this top off. We often bring our quilt tops to be longarmed by Suki Wright at Dancing Crane Quilting in Contoocook, NH. After that, we headed to a favorite quilt shop, Quilted Threads in Henneker and later had lunch at Daniel's which is just down the road from the shop.

Why visit just one shop when you can squeeze in a stop at another one on the way home? That's exactly what we did stopping at Bits and Pieces in Pelham, NH. This is a good shop to visit if you are looking for any kind of novelty fabric as they have quite a selection.

 I really have to get busy and finish the third quilt top. The blocks are done, but I still need to add the sashing and sew it all together.  Of course, I wouldn't be in such a rush if I wasn't such a terrible  procrastinator. Yup, I've been this way my whole life. Oh well, it's probably too late to change this character flaw now. Besides, I work best when faced with a rapidly looming deadline. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment