Friday, September 4, 2015

Holding on to Summer


It may be Labor Day weekend, but I intend to hold on to summer as long as I can. We have had some hot, extremely humid weather lately and next week the forecast calls for more of the same, but for some unknown meteorological reason Friday was very cool and fall-like. My friend Laurel had come to spend the day quilting, and when it was time for lunch we headed to Tony's Clam Shop at Wollaston Beach for a lobster roll. We figured that if it was too cool, we could always eat inside. . . Wrong!!! . . . The inside seats were all taken so we had to eat outside. Was it cold? You betcha! Was it windy? You betcha! Was the lobster roll yummy and worth the discomfort? You betcha!!! Downright delicious!!!

Near the parking area I spotted this. Is it just me or doesn't this stump appear to be some kind of adorable little woodland creature???


No comments:

Post a Comment