Monday, January 12, 2015

Progress on Lucy B.'s Quilt & A Fine Romance


Work is progressing nicely on my latest quilt for one of my little cousins. The pattern is Urban Cabin by Atkinson Design. There will eventually be white sashing between the blocks. As you can see, this will be one very bright, happy quilt. Unfortunately, I don't think that I will have it completed in time for her birthday later this month, but she knows it will be done soon.

A Fine Romance

I haven't recommended a book here for quite a while. It's not that I haven't been reading, it's just that I haven't really read anything worth passing along. Then one day on another blog, I read about A Fine Romance - Falling in Love with the English Countryside by Susan Branch.  This book is a pure, complete, absolute delight! The author has created a visual diary of a wonderful adventure she had with  her husband crossing the Atlantic on the QE2  and then  spending two enchanting months exploring the English countryside. The illustrations are magical, and the reader is truly transported across the pond to the English countryside. I won't tell you any more so as not to spoil it, but please do yourself a favor and get this book. I loved it so much that rather than loan it out, I bought another copy for Christmas for my friend whom I knew would love it. I intend to tuck my copy away, and perhaps one day soon,  I, too, will visit the marvelous places that she describes.  It's an A+++++ book. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment