Thursday, January 8, 2015

Blooming Beauty


Brrrrrrrrrr . . . This morning started off in the low single digits and really didn't climb too much higher throughout the day. This amaryllis provided a tropical touch inside. These quick shots were taken with my iPhone.


Before Christmas, many stores sell the bulbs for just a few dollars, and this year I purchased four of them. Every two or three weeks I will pot up another one so the bloom time is extended. There are four blooms on one stalk and more to come.


I haven't blogged as I have been busy packing away all of the Christmas decorations and as I have previously mentioned, I tend to go all out when it comes to decorating for the holidays. Fortunately, I now have winter decorations up to replace the colors of Christmas so the house doesn't look too dull. Yes, there are snowmen everywhere. :-)
   
Yesterday, my godchild and her girls came for "Ladies Lunch." They came bearing toys for Emma who recently turned three. Emma was beside herself with happiness . . . new toys and a visit from her favorite little girls.  We went to lunch at the neighborhood diner, played a few games of Mexican Train, and they each sewed a few pieces for the quilt I am making for the soon to be nine year old. It was their first time using a sewing machine and they did great! Here's the palette that she has selected for her quilt: turquoise, pink, and purple. I'll add white for the sashings to pull it all together.



In the evening I got together with quilting friends . . . a lovely way to end a perfectly lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment