Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas Tree Pins Wallhanging



     At the Crosstown Quilters Guild, members often leave quilting magazines, patterns, books and pieces of fabric on a back table for other members to take if they wish. When I spotted this gold fabric at our last meeting, I immediately had a plan. I love Christmas tree pins. Whenever I go to holiday bazaars, I keep my eyes out for them. For at least the last few years, I have been telling myself that I really needed some way to display my tiny collection.  This fabric was perfect. I added some trim, batting, a backing and then quilted around each of the larger squares. It was quick and easy and I love how it turned out. The best part is that there are lots of empty squares to fill as I add to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment