Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hopping into Spring



     Here it is a week after Easter, and I'm just getting around to posting photos of my Easter/spring wallhanging. The pattern is called Flip Flop Bunnies by Diane McGregor @ Castilleja Cotton. I had purchased this pattern at the Portsmouth Fabric Company in Portsmouth, NH. This is the happy, little piece that I worked on while on our guild's recent Falmouth getaway.  


I added black beads for the eyes, pink beads for the noses, and the fluffy tail was made with french knots.


When I originally purchased the batik fabric that I used in the borders, I recall thinking that it would be cute to use someday in an Easter project.  Everyone who saw it, thought it was adorable, and one woman who was celebrating her birthday kept asking when her present would be finished. :-)  Though my other Easter decorations are now packed away, I may keep this piece up a bit longer.
    This was our regular quilting weekend, but a few of us took time out on Saturday to attend the Touching Stars Quilt Show in North Kingstown, RI. After visiting the show, we had lunch in Wickford, a quaint village in North Kingstown. There were many interesting little shops and restaurants, and we all decided that it would be a perfect place to come back and explore.
     Finally, an estimated 500,000 people crowded St. Peter's Square in Vatican City today for the dual canonization of Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II. An equal number of visitors filled the streets surrounding the Vatican to watch the ceremony on giant TV screens. Here is a photo of St. Peter's Basilica that I took last fall while on a vacation with members of the South Shore Camera Club. 


1 comment:

  1. Janice, I LOVE your bunnies!! What a cute wallhanging!

    ReplyDelete