Friday, August 17, 2012

World Quilt Show 2012 - Manchester, NH

     Today my friend Donna and I went to the World Quilt Show 2012 in Manchester, NH. Usually, there are many amazing quilts on display, and while there were indeed some stunning quilts, not as many as usual had the WOW factor. The venders, however, were very good. As you can see, I came home with just a wee bit of fabric. :-) In the pile are some lush, beautiful batiks, a couple of novelty prints, and some striped fabric, plus a package of silk sheets upon which you can print photos. 


      On Thursday, I had spent a fun day with my cousin and her family who are vacationing in Sandwich on Cape Cod. It was an absolutely perfect beach day, and a good time was had by all. 
     Finally, an update on the Old World Santas quilt that I have been slowly machine quilting.  Only four of the twenty-four blocks remain to be quilted. Then it's on to the borders and the binding. I can't wait for it to be quilted, so I can add some button and bead embellishments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment