Sunday, January 29, 2012

Packing Memories Away




    My home is very empty and quiet without Katie. Yesterday morning I gathered her things and stored them away in the cellar as I know that one day another schnauzer puppy will find its way into my life and heart.
     My cousin Linda and her little boy came this morning for a visit to cheer me up. He is a wonderful bundle of hugs, love, and energy. After visiting a while, we went to the playground where he had a great time trying everything out. It surely brightened my day.

 
     Amidst the sadness of the last few days, this glorious cymbidium came into bloom. I have had this orchid for quite a few years, and when it had filled its original pot I got the bright idea to divide the plant. It had bloomed faithfully each year, but after dividing it there were no blooms for two years until now. It spends the spring through fall months on my sunporch which it obviously likes. To set blooms the plant needs a few 40 to 50 degree nights, so my unheated porch provides the right conditions. Interestingly, the other plant shows no sign of blooming, but then perhaps it will next year.

1 comment:

  1. you only notice the things you do automatically when you stop...like waiting for your friend to come through the door before you close it xx Time will help dull the edges, one day at a time xx

    ReplyDelete