Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Quilty" Day and Updates

     Yesterday was a fun "quilty" day. It started with the final meeting of the Herring Run Quilt Guild before the summer break. After that, my quilting friends (Donna, Liz, Edith, and Maribeth) and I went to Watertown to see a quilt show. After Maribeth left us to head to work, the rest of us hit two quilt shops. By this time it was late  in the afternoon, so we stopped for dinner at Marina Bay. It was a lovely way to spend the day.
     After Mass this morning, a friend was commenting on my blog, and she wondered if the photos in my previous posting were those of a tortoise, not a turtle. Well, I just checked that out for the shell of it and this is what I discovered. It appears that my photo was indeed of a tortoise. If the back legs are webbed, it's a turtle; if the back legs are stumpy as with an elephant, it's a tortoise. Who knew? Anyway, here's another fun fact to file away in your memory bank. . . a group of turtles is called a "bale of turtles."
     One last thing, my composter is fully assembled. As I mentioned in my last post, I thought I would need to ask a neighbor for help with the turning mechanism as I just couldn't seem to figure it out. Well, after a good night's sleep, I headed out once again with my trusty screwdrivers and wrenches and low and behold I was able to figure the last part out. Yes! Persistence pays off! Now without further ado, here is my new composter, Tah Dah!
Isn't it a beauty? It turned out to be a lot larger than I expected, but I rolled it behind this large forsythia bush so it is tucked out of view.   

No comments:

Post a Comment