Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hibiscus

  
      I'm finished gardening for this morning. Honestly, I just don't seem to have the stamina for gardening that I used to have. It was hot and after planting impatiens along the front of the big garden, tugging out some invasive vines, and digging up some saplings that had sprung up in the back corner I called it quits. I need  to get this back section in some kind of order because my Italian teacher brought me two zucchini plants last night that should get into the ground soon. The temperature is forecast to be in the nineties Wednesday and Thursday so I'll tackle this section again on Friday when it cools off a bit.
     Isn't this hibiscus spectacular? I first developed a fondness for hibiscuses while visiting San Diego back in 2000. They were everywhere. Since then, there has always been a hibiscus or two on my porch.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment