Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Quilt Racks

     I just returned from spending all day quilting with friends in Stoughton, MA. We get  together each month to quilt, laugh, shop, laugh, eat, talk, and laugh some more. My friend's sister lives out of state, but happily, this weekend she was able to join us.  She brought with her two mahogany quilt racks that I had ordered.  This is the smaller of the two racks as I wanted something I could place in the corner of my livingroom.
    I love the fact that it has a shelf on top for displaying things. Didn't her husband do a fabulous job on it? I'll post a photo of the regular size one another time.
   What pray tell is this mass of brightly colored cording? It's a clothesline covered with luscious, batik fabrics. Why you ask? Well, I mentioned in an earlier post this week that I am taking a class at a local quilt shop, Heart in Hands in Weymouth, MA. Here is my homework for step two in our tote bag making class. According to my calculations, this fabric covered rope measures 108.5 feet in length. I spent the better part of the last two days working on this, so dear friends, when you see me carrying the finished project, please tell me that it looks wonderful. :-) It should be finished sometime this week.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new quilt rack! And talk about a bunch of pretty cords! At first they looked like rubber bands!

    ReplyDelete