Thursday, October 10, 2024

Fall Tier by Erin Elizabeth Designs

 


I did a presentation at the Crosstown Quilters Guild on Tuesday. I told my fellow quilters that my goal was clear . . . I wanted to get a few of my fellow members to fall down the cross stitch and/or wool applique rabbit hole right along with me. ;-) Since I am still in my big, awkward boot, gathering pieces to bring with me was a challenge, but I believe I had more than enough samples. 

I did not have “Fall Tier” finished to bring, but I completed it yesterday. It is so cute!!!  I can say that as I was not the designer, just someone who enjoys stitching designs by Erin Elizabeth. Erin Wasilieff is a Canadian designer whose patterns/charts are whimsical and fun. I particularly enjoy her “tier” designs and  have two others already in my stash. Click on the photo to get a larger image and also do click on the link to visit her shop. Whether you cross stitch or not, her wonderful designs will put a smile on your face. 

This wood display piece is from Paisleys and Polka Dots. They offer DIY wood craft kits for home decorating and seasonal displays. As I have mentioned previously, the wood pieces are cut and you must paint and glue them together. There are two magnets glued to the main section, and I will place washers on the back of the cross stitch piece. (At present, it is simply leaning against the display as I didn’t want to risk hobbling down cellar in my big boot tonight to hot glue on the washers :-). That can wait until tomorrow. 

Last month I posted a beach cottage scene on this tiered display. The fun part is finding items to put on the sides of the piece. These two small wood pieces are also from Paisleys and Polka Dots. 


Over the weekend Emma and I stayed at ‘her home away from home,’ so Bailey’s folks could go to their son’s wedding. I brought cross stitching and a few books and the three of us had a lovely time.

One funny note, I gave such an enthusiastic presentation on Tuesday that I have already ordered a piece of wool for a new wool applique piece and a pattern for a big wool project. So much for stitching from stash; I’m absolutely incorrigible!!!  Gee, I wonder if I inspired anyone at the meeting? Time will tell. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you converted a few people to the cross stitch and wool world. Emma looks right at home with Bailey. I hope that big boot gets to come off soon. I hope that your foot will be healed and you can garden again!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete