Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Decorating My Mantel for Spring


 This recently finished cross stitch piece is “Seasonal Courier: Robin’s Spring” by designer Robin Pickens. I love seeing robins in the spring, and I couldn’t wait to finish stitching this piece. What were the chances that I would find perfectly coordinated tulips at Michaels? 


Also added to my mantel is this sweet Victorian house which was a thrift shop find last Friday. My friend Kathy had invited a group of friends down to Eastham for a few days, and I was looking forward to our annual Cape getaway, but my doctor ‘recommended’ that I go for just one day which I did. (My foot issue is better, but he didn’t want any setbacks, and he knew that I could not be trusted to go easy. :-).That was okay as one day of fun, friends, laughing, and shopping is better than no days. ;-) I drove down earlier on Friday, and we headed out to visit some favorite thrift shops. 



This house was a five dollar find which looks great on my mantel. I also picked up a small old fashion pansy-themed shoe vase and a frame for a future cross stitch project. We went to three shops and had an absolutely non-nutritious but totally delicious lunch, and then I reluctantly headed home having had an awesome day. 

I had my annual air conditioner tune up this afternoon, just in time for what is predicted to be three or four days of hot weather. After our cold, rainy spring, I think I will just embrace the heat and save the air conditioner for next month. 

Now I’m going to go put a binding on a vintage quilt that I am repairing. Hopefully, fingers crossed, this project will be completed by tomorrow. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I too enjoy the robins. We have several that nest and frequent our yard. Your finished cross stitch is so lovely! The colors speak "Spring!" I'm glad you got out with your friends. . .even for a day. Your Victorian house find looks amazing. It is in perfect condition!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete