Saturday, May 4, 2024

A New Sunday Stitch and Two Awesome Quilts


 I was finally able to bring my recently finished “This Is the Day” cross stitch piece to the framers the other day. While I normally do my own framing, I wanted this piece professionally done. So, here’s the start of my new Sunday stitch. It’s 324 by designer Arlene Cohen of Works by ABC. Yes, you stitch 162 five by five blocks and 162 motifs which are more involved for a total of 324! With fourteen already stitched, I have only 310 more to go!!!!!! For this piece you use 324 different shades of floss. The chart also includes an option to stitch the piece with just thirty-six colors, but heck, what would be the fun in that? :-)

On Wednesday night, I hosted friends for dinner, and Maribeth brought her show-and-tell.


Maribeth has never met a quilt with a zillion pieces that she has not wanted to stitch. Are you ready to see her second quilt? It’s a massive masterpiece from the pattern “Stitch a licious.” Ta dah!!!!!!!!!!!



Please do click on the photos to see the details.

In my last post I asked what people were reading, and Terry @ On Going Projects recommended 



Now, truth to say, I was hesitant to pick up this book since all I ever knew about diving I learned watching Lloyd Bridges in Sea Hunt with my brother. Back in the day, families only had one TV, so we took turns picking out what we would watch; Sea Hunt was not my choice. Shadow Divers deals with deep wreck divers. Robert Kurson is an excellent author, and I was quickly drawn into this adventure. I was eager to start Doris Kearns Goodwin’s new book, but truthfully, I could not put Shadow Divers down. 

What else have I been working on? I have a spring-themed wool applique piece all prepped and ready to stitch, but first I am repairing a vintage quilt which I will talk more about in a future post.

Have a wonderful week. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love your new cross stitch. . I was awed when you first shared it and am just in awe now that you have completed a bunch of blocks! Love the detail in the quilts you shared. I too felt the same way about Shadow Divers. . .my husband is reading it now and he rarely reads a book I recommend. (I notice he is getting to the point where he is "suddenly" making time to read.)--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete