Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Where Did February Go???



I’m having friends come for dinner tonight. The house has been cleaned, the St. Patrick’s Day decorations are up, dinner is in the oven, the table is set, and now I’m just waiting for everyone to arrive :-) So, I thought that I would take a few moments to start this post. 


I had intended to post sooner as it has been quite a while since my previous post, but the month somehow got away from me. I did manage to do some cross stitching. The first piece is “Welcome Winter” by Primrose Cottage Stitches and the second is “Valentine Bird” by Heart in Hand.

On the quilting front, there are no finished pieces to show although one project is nearly finished.

Book Recommendation:


Though I read two other books, the only one of the three that I am recommending is HORSE by Geraldine Brooks. It is about Lexington one of the greatest race horses in history. It’s also a story about Race. Though you might not think you would be interested in reading about a race horse or perhaps even about Race, trust me on this, this author is a masterful storyteller and this novel is well worth your time. Definitely put this novel on your must read list.

  - - - - -           - - - - -         - - - - - 

Well, my friends have come and gone. We met many years ago at the now closed Quilters Compass quilt shop in Quincy and were part of a group that met there one evening a week. When the shop closed, we saw no reason to stop getting together so we take turns hosting. In the beginning, we actually did bring our sewing machines, but those days have passed. Now it’s purely a social gathering with maybe a bit of stitching thrown in. Tonight after dinner, one friend was knitting, another was sewing down the binding on a small quilt, two others were measuring yardage to be donated for an upcoming guild auction, and you guessed it, I was cross stitching. It’s always a lovely evening and every so often my home gets a darn good cleaning!  :-)

Are you a fan of classic movies? The Showcase Cinema in Randolph is screening Casablanca on Sunday at 1:00 and 7:00. You can find more information on the Cinema’s website. I can’t wait to see this wonderful film on the big screen. 

By the way, Happy March!!! I’ll try to do better posting this month. :-()

No comments:

Post a Comment