Friday, October 15, 2021

Who Ya Gonna Call???

 Isn’t this display fun? It is in front of the Brewster Ambulance Service at the intersection of routes 18 and 53 in Weymouth.


We have been having a glorious stretch of weather. Last Friday, I met friends for breakfast at the Strawberry Faire in Norwell. You could chose to eat inside the restaurant, but there is also a seating area outside. The tables are well spaced and as always the food was delicious. The only downside was the crowded parking space. I parked across the street and waited for kind souls to let me cross the busy road. 


On Tuesday morning, the Crosstown Quilters Guild held a meeting in the parking lot of the Pond Plain Improvement Association hall. Forty-five ladies showed up.

Yesterday, my Wednesday night quilting friends came for lunch in my backyard. They have resumed getting together, but I have not joined them. My doctors have advised me to continue to be very careful, and so I shall, but it was wonderful to see them. Maribeth’s brought this sweet little paper pieced beauty that she had recently completed.


Finally, William Shatner on Wednesday blasted off into space on a Blue Origins flight to boldly go where no ninety year old had ever gone before. I have been a fan of  Star Trek since James T. Kirk, commander of the starship USS Enterprise, took the helm when the series first aired in the 1960s. It seemed entirely fitting that he was given the opportunity to travel to the edge of space. I wonder what Mr. Spock would make of it all?

Live long and prosper.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the weather is cooperating for you to get out and to see others. That pineapple quilt is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete