Friday, October 1, 2021

Two Stories to Make You Smile

 Do you remember how I wrote about some songbirds up in my flute teacher’s trees who sang along all through my lesson the other day? Well, I decided to open the windows on my sunporch to see if the birds in my neighborhood would enjoy listening to me practice. It succeeded beyond my wildest imagination, but my musical talent didn’t attract songbirds, but rather a group of turkeys!!!!!!!!!!


It’s a blurry shot taken through the porch screen, but there were seven contented turkeys listening to my concert. They absolutely were not there when I started practicing. I was facing in a different direction, so I didn’t see them until I turned to pick up my next book. I was laughing so hard I could hardly play. Heh? Do you think this says something about the quality of my playing??? You can be sure that I did play a lively version of “Turkey in the Straw” for my appreciative audience. ;-) I’ll try it again tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Here’s another installment of  Yes, There Are Good People. Earlier today I went to CVS to straighten out a problem with a prescription. There was quite a line of customers at the pick up window, but I was further down at the drop off window. The pick up window wasn’t moving and while I was waiting I saw an older woman talking to the clerk. The older woman seemed upset, but I couldn’t hear what was being said. Suddenly a young man in line spoke up and said not to worry as he would pay for the lady’s prescription. He headed to the clerk and paid for the lady’s prescription as well as his own. The lady was very grateful, but he said with a big grin on his face, “It wasn’t that much. Don’t worry about it. I do some bad things from time to time, so I try to something good once in a while to make up for it.” :-()

Have a great weekend. 

1 comment: