Saturday, September 25, 2021

Wool Applique, a Cross Stitch FFO, and Miss Emma, Too!!!

 


I saw this wool applique kit on two floss tube episodes, and even though I have a number of pieces that I have yet to finish, I ordered “Festive Fall Simply Square” from Buttermilk Basin. [Warning : Do not visit the Buttermilk Basin website lest you fall down the wool applique rabbit hole. The site is packed with irresistible kits.]  Anyway, back to this piece. It was smaller than I imagined it would be, but it was quick to stitch and it looks cute on the top of my tiered tray. It comes with a little stand on which I will be able to display other tiny  pieces.

Continuing the wool applique theme for a moment. The kits and projects from Buttermlk Basin are   simple to stitch, and as I already suggested, way too cute. They come with clear instructions, and there are  a number of tutorials on Youtube which woulds show you how to get started. Anyone would find the kits from Buttermilk Basin and other wool applique shops enjoyable and satisfying to stitch. They are a world apart, however, from the designs and projects created by Sue Spargo which call for a variety of specialty stitches and a wide range of threads/yarns. I enjoy both types of wool applique, but the Sue Spargo version calls for far more time and effort, and I might add cost.

I had purchased the kit with beautiful wool, threads, and embellishments for Sue Spargo’s Squash Squad last August, but only completed four of the nine blocks. I am determined to work on that project and get it completed.

Speaking of completed pieces, here is the “September Cottage” from Country Cottage Needleworks. I usually display the monthly cottages on a metal easel, but not this time. I had purchased this red blackboard with apple last year at Michaels figuring it would eventually come in handy to display a piece of cross stitch and so it has. :-) I love how it turned out! In my next post, I will show you another FFO cross stitch piece of pumpkin picking cuteness that I also FFO’d today.

Now, it wouldn’t be a blog post from me lately without an obligatory bee photo so here is one taken yesterday.


Finally, my sweet Emma went to the groomers on Tuesday. I couldn’t decide which photo to post, so here are all three. :-()




Enjoy the rest of the weekend. As a New England Patriots Buccaneers fan, I’ll have another Sunday of back to back games to watch which means plenty of time for stitching. Brady, Gronk, and the Buccaneers are playing the New England Patriots in Foxboro next Sunday and that should prove to be really something!!!

Stay safe and have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Your FFO September cross stitch is terrific. That frame was made for it! Emma continues to be as beautiful as ever!

    ReplyDelete