Thursday, September 16, 2021

Housing Boom for the Birds and Some Birthday Fun

Emma and I walk by this tree in my neighborhood several times a week. There were only a few houses at first, and then Tuesday I stopped short. There had been quite a housing boom!!! The next day I brought my iPhone to grab a couple of quick shots. Check out the fireman’s helmet in the front. 

What fun!

Speaking of fun, yesterday I attended a friend’s socially distant birthday party which was great fun. I made party favors . . . yes, colorful masks for everyone!!! No one wants to take any chances at this point.

The B-day girl sent out this meme today. ;-)

Recommendations: 

1) Saturday marked twenty years since that horror filled, sorrowful day of 9/11. If you have Apple+ TV, check out the filmed version of the Broadway hit, Come from Away. This musical celebrates the people of Gander,  Newfoundland, who welcomed 6,600 people when international planes were grounded on 9/11. It is well worth watching. (Forty planes and 8,000 passengers were also diverted to Halifax, Nova Scotia.)

2) Alex Anderson is offering a new paper piecing project on her Youtube channel. I’m planning to join in. 

3) Autumn Jubilee Is Coming . . . Follow the blog From My Carolina Home for autumn themed quilting, patterns, crafts, and recipes.

Let me leave you with this wonderful photo montage. I read somewhere that Queen Elizabeth is only 5’3,” and so she wears coordinating bright outfits so she may be more easily seen. 

 
    


                                      ========================================== 


 Yesterday it was announced that 1 in every 500 people in the United States has died from Covid. The death toll in the United States now stands at 668,000. Please stay safe. Get vaccinated. Wear a mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment