Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Birds Do It; Bees Do It / Let's Fall in Love

 Today was another glorious day. As I was surveying my estate this afternoon I pulled out my iPhone to capture one of the roses still in bloom.  Then I headed over to the autumn joy sedum which the bees love.



I was focused on this one large bee when from the corner of my eye I caught another bee coming in fast and then just hovering with wings flapping furiously. Well, the next thing I knew, I had a close up view of how bees do it!!! Mercy sakes!!!



 
Well, that was certainly interesting :-).
 
 Take a moment and click on Ella Fitzgerald singing Cole Porter's "Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love."   I promise you will enjoy it. What an incredible voice she had . . . There is a longer version also taped in the recording studio where she tries different approaches to the song. This link is to the shorter version.

                                                          ____________________   

I belong to three quilting guilds. Decisions have been made and none of these guilds will be having in person meetings at this time. In one guild's survey over half the respondents said they would not be comfortable attending meetings. Two of the guilds will have zoom meetings. All of this makes me very sad.

Tomorrow (Wednesday), I was supposed to meet friends for lunch, and I had been looking forward to it, but I changed my mind about going. All of these lovely ladies are fully vaccinated. Even though we were going to a restaurant with outdoor seating, it made me uneasy. . . eight people in close proximity around the table. I do have a couple of medical issues that put me in the higher risk category, but I wonder whether I am being too cautious???  I just don't know.

                                                          _____________________     

Covid Deaths

World - 4.55million

United States - 651,000

Massachusetts - 18,298

1 comment:

  1. With the number of vaccinated people contracting COVID, you are being safe. Not enough information is known about how that virus can infect vaccinated people. Only you would have captured bees in such a manner. . .LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete