Sunday, August 1, 2021

FFO - “I’ll Bee There for You” and The Buzz


This is “I’ll Bee There for You,” a pattern from Puntini Puntini. The chart came with two buttons: the bee and the tiny pink flower. I’m displaying it on the bee tray I found while visiting thrift shops with friends on a recent Cape getaway.

If you have been following my blog, you know that I love photographing flowers and butterflies and bugs. I plant a wide variety of flowers to attract butterflies and bees, but whether it has been due to the incredible stretch of rainy weather we have had or not, there do not seem to be many butterflies this summer. My butterfly bush is in full bloom, but sadly,  I have only seen an occasional flutterby. 

 
A bee spent quite a while resting on this yellow teapot. I have picked up a few cute thrift store teapots and hang them in my flower gardens. There used to be a string of clear beads hanging from the spout which created the appearance of water droplets sparkling in the sunshine. The beads have fallen off, so I must get around to replacing them. I'll put that on my list!


I was so captivated by the two bees on this coneflower that I didn’t even notice the spider.

 

And speaking of spiders, check out this tiny craftscreature  at work. Well, on second thought, check out this hunter at work. He/she will use this sticky orb design web to trap its prey. Say what you will, I find spider webs like this totally fascinating.

Does anyone know what type of tree this is? It growing in the strip of woods behind my house, and frankly, I have never noticed these green “balls” before.



One last thing. . . Do you enjoy DIY programs? Do you get a kick out of watching  Chip and Joanna Gaines? Then, you will love a new series on Youtube, “Dick & Angel Give It A Go Series.”  Angel and Dick Strawbridge are a British couple who had a series on PBS which followed their process of restoring a chateau in France. In this series, the focus is simple, practical home improvement projects: for example, recovering chair seats, building a raised planter bed, using a saw properly, etc. Even if you never make any of the projects, I promise you will enjoy Angel and Dick.

That’s all for know. Bee happy. Bee safe. Bee positive.

1 comment:

  1. I think that looks like an Asian pear on that tree. Do you know if your area has had a reduction in butterflies? I haven’t seen many in my area either. Your cross stitch is lovely!

    ReplyDelete