Friday, August 27, 2021

FFO Cross Stitch - Sail Away



Today is Day 4 of another very hot, very, very humid, heat wave. With the tremendous amount of rain we have had and all of the heat waves, this has been quite a summer, but then the weather seems to have been causing problems all across the country. Anyway, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to just sail away? That’s the name of this pattern from It’s So Emma of the Fat Quarter Shop. I began stitching this piece in early July.

This twelve inch square ‘tray’ came from the unfinished wood section of Michaels. It has a rope for hanging. I chose to paint it grey as I will use it with other finished cross stitch pieces.


A magnet is glued in the center of the wood, and each time I finish a piece with batting and sticky board I will glue a washer on the back of the piece. I’ll be able to pop this piece out and pop in a Halloween piece if I manage to get it finished by October. 


This photo is a note to self for next year. Each year I plant Sweet 100s in pots along my fence. This year I had a few extra plants, so I put four pots on the patio up against the back of the garage.  They have done great there, far better than those in the other location. Why? I’m not quite sure. My siding is a light color so perhaps they are getting lots of reflected light. 

Tomorrow it is supposed to be cooler, and so I hope to get to a few of the projects that I didn’t get to this week. When it is this hot and humid, I do not know about you, but I accomplish next to nothing. :-)


Stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did with making your frame multipurpose! Your Sail Away piece is lovely. You finished it "fully" quickly!

    ReplyDelete