Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Wishing You an Early Happy Valentine’s Day




 Now that Independence Day has gone by, and Hobby Lobby is putting Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas items on the shelf, I wonder if it is too early to be the first to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day???

“Just My Type” was a cross stitch pattern featured on the Fat Quarter Shop’s flosstube back in February. I was drawn in by the happy colors which are even brighter in person. Anyway, I stitched on it faithfully all through February, but let me tell you, stitching the typewriter took f-o-r-e-v-e-r !!!  I stitched on it in March, April, and finally finished the piece in May. 

I mounted it on a canvas which I had painted previously for  a mini art quilt. I had never been pleased with the bottom of that piece, so I removed it from the canvas. (I had stitched the piece on to the canvas.) The painted canvas had been in my quilting/art studio ( okay, no studio, it was on a shelf in the basement)  as I figured I might be able to use this canvas again at some point.

When I finished the cross stitch, I thought of that painted canvas as I knew it would be just the right color. I purchased a bag of small wooden hearts at the Dollar Store and painted them in coordinating colors. Don’t tell anyone, but I needed something to cover up the holes from where I had attached the art quilt. 

Now you might think that I have packed “Just My Type” away until February, but you would be wrong. It took way too long to stitch without enjoying it for a while. :-)

Email Subscriber Box :

I have added a box from follow.it to my blog. Did I do it correctly? I haven’t a clue. As I wrote yesterday, if you enjoy these ramblings, I would suggest bookmarking this site. You could then simply check back once or twice a week to see if any new posts have been added.

Stay safe and stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. It is never too early to wish people a holiday filled with love. Your stitching is so wonderful. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete