Monday, July 12, 2021

Rain, Rain, Go Away

 Rain, rain, go away

Come again another day.

Make that : Come again another week, please!!! We have had rain eleven of the first twelve days of July. This morning it was torrential. I put Emma’s raincoat on her, opened the porch door, and out she went. As I was  thinking how lucky I was to have a dog who didn’t mind going out in all kinds of weather, she turned around, and pressed her face against the door. Her face said it all, “ Let me in” which I did. If only we could share all this rain with areas of the country that need it.

Yesterday, there was a break with no rain until evening, and I was able to do a tiny bit of gardening and take a few photos. Isn’t this coneflower gorgeous! The photo doesn’t begin to do it justice as it positively glows in real life.


The daylilies are also in bloom.




On Saturday, I framed “Red, White, and Blue,” a cute cross stitch pattern by Priscilla Blain of  Stitching with the Housewives. I love this cute little Uncle Sam :-).



Stay dry. Stay cool. Stay safe. Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Your cross stitch is beautiful! You have rain, we have heat! Too bad we can't share the two between us and have wonderful days!

    ReplyDelete