Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Snow, Stitching, and Super Bowl LV

 

As the weather folks had predicted, the snow began falling around 11:00 am on Sunday with very large powder puff size snowflakes. Things began to get more serious as the day progressed. Here's Miss Emma on Sunday checking out the snow before briefly venturing out. I spent the afternoon inside cross stitching and watching the pregame programs. 

"Just My Type" is from the Fat Quarter Shop. I love the design and the colors, but the typewriter in the center will be slow to stitch. I made more progress on this piece as the day went on. You will see that I outlined certain sections, so I could easily fill in those sections during the game. Alas, the best of plans went awry. I was enjoying the game and Tom Brady's performance when suddenly the lights went out. The heavy wet snow had evidently brought down a power line somewhere. G'rrrrrrrrr!!! It was a bit into the third quarter when the lights went out. I did have a crank radio from L.L.Bean, and I was able to find a station and hear a play by play. . . not what I wanted, but at least I could hear what was happening. It was funny to hear the announcer describe the action of the man in the pink onesie attempting to streak down the field as if he was a player on the field. :-) :-) :-)

The electricity came back on in the early morning hours, and when I went downstairs to turn off the lights, I settled in to watch the post game highlights which were being repeated. 

Tom Brady won his seventh Super Bowl in twenty years, G.O.A.T. just begins to capture the magnitude of that achievement. It was wonderful to hear some of the veteran players of the Buccaneers who in all their years had not ever even been in a playoff game let alone a Super Bowl . 

So, I end this here where I began. Yes, it is snowing again this afternoon and it is beginning to pile up. It may only be three to six inches, but I don't really care as with this pandemic I am not going anywhere anyway. :-)

Stay safe.

              __________________          ______________________        ___________________

Covid Deaths:

World . . . 2.33M

United States . . . 465,000

Massachusetts . . . 15,054

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about the power outage. The Bucs played well and it was great to see Tom win number seven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer you were not able to see all the game. He was indeed brilliant even though I was not hoping he would win. I found the photos of him after the boat parade to be very funny. He had a really good time at that parade. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting that he was super embarrassed by the footage; I don't think he would have wanted his children to ever see him like that

      Delete