Saturday, February 20, 2021

Busy Doing Not Much of Anything

 

I had been meaning to write a post every day for the last week. It's on my "to do" list which is sitting on the kitchen table. (It feels so good when you can cross off completed tasks. :-) Anyway, I have no excuse to offer. We have had ice and on again, off again snow, but nothing of consequence for hardy New Englanders. I took Emma out last night about 11:15, and the snow was really coming down. It was silent and absolutely beautiful. We received about six good inches by morning, but that is really just nuisance snow for us. 

Aren't these icicles something! They were from the end of last week. Did you know that Alfred Hitchcock said that an icicle would be the perfect murder weapon? I won't go into details here in case one of my readers happens to be a homicidal maniac quilter or cross stitcher. ;-0 One reason is that the murder weapon won't leave prints and it will evaporate. How it is used I won't say. . .

I'd like to blame my not posting on spending all my time cleaning and sorting things here in the mansion. I'd like to say that my house is spic and span from top to bottom, but that would be a BIG FAT FIB! Have I spent hours practicing the flute? A few. The piano? No. Have I spent hours quilting? No.

Honestly, the only things that I have been doing are reading and cross stitching. This Valentine pillow looks a bit lost and lonely in this dough bowl, but non cross stitchers would be surprised at how long this piece took. The red square alone took perhaps three nights of stitching! 

This long narrow Valentine piece was a freebie pattern offered by The Primitive Hare.

I finished the Suffrage piece that I have been working on, and it is off being framed. As I have written before, if you have any stress in your life (and don't we all during this pandemic,) cross stitching has a pure, calming, meditative quality to it.

I'll try to post more frequently as long as it doesn't interfere with my new pastime. . . attempting to find an appointment for the Covid vaccine. I, along with 999,999 other people in Massachusetts,  became eligible for the vaccine on Thursday. No surprise the state's vaccine registration system crashed. Since then I have been  checking constantly for availability with no luck, but I will keep trying. 

Please have a safe, healthy, creative week. Stay sane.  

____________         ___________________             _____________

God Bless the folks in Texas who are struggling with the effects of a winter storm. They are not equipped to deal with frigid temperatures and snow. Thousands and thousands of people were without power for three to four days. There have been no food deliveries to grocery stores, and the shelves are bare. Pipes in many homes have frozen and burst. The drinking water supply was compromised. Officials said it was and continues to be the worst disaster that the state has dealt with since Hurricane Harvey. Again, God Bless the folks in Texas.

Covid Statistics:

Deaths in the World: 2.46M

Deaths in the United States: 496,000

Deaths in Massachusetts: 15, 726

2 comments:

  1. Your icicles were very pretty. It is amazing all the ways that Mother Nature can create beauty and then again, she can also create havoc. I'm thinking of Texans and anyone else hard hit with winter storms. We are still "cutting" out from all the ice damage we had last week in Oregon! I'm glad you are enjoying your cross stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading and cross stitch sounds like the perfect way to stay inside and stay warm. Good luck with that appointment, none here in Florida either.

    ReplyDelete