Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Hot, Hot, Really, Really Hot!!!


Well, we broke another record today with the temperature near 100 with a heat index of 105. Yikes!!! Records like this we don't want to break. This is the hottest August in recorded history in Massachusetts, and so far, the third hottest summer. Tomorrow it may be a few degrees cooler . . . only about 93! Some students and teachers have already returned to their non- air conditioned classrooms. God bless them all!

I spent yesterday at the District Courthouse . . . jury duty. It was a long day, but at times interesting. It was the closest I have ever come to being actually put on a panel. In fact, I was seating in the jury box when another woman and I were excused. You do have to fill out a juror questionnaire. The case involved an alleged negligent school bus driver. My feeling is that the defense probably didn't want a former teacher sitting on the panel, but who knows. A few of the folks in the jury waiting room were grousing about being there and the long wait, but not me. I feel fortunate to live in a country where citizens are an integral part of the justice system. Having to serve, at most, only once every three years doesn't seem like too much to ask of any citizen.

Today I stayed inside and accomplished quite a bit. The top of the Lori Holt - Let's Bake quilt is done!!! I'll layer it and begin quilting it this weekend. I also added inner and outer borders to another quilt top which hopefully will also get layered this weekend. Let's hope this burst of quilting energy continues tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That is too hot!!! I hope the courthouse had air conditioning! I've been to jury duty many times; but, have yet to serve on a panel. I too feel like you regarding citizens as part of the justice system. I hope your quilting energy continues!!!!

    ReplyDelete