Saturday, September 8, 2018

A Change in the Weather


Yes, it was another very hot, very humid week until today. (Thanks, Susan, for this great photo :-).
This morning it was in the 60s, a welcome relief from the sweltering weather that we have been experiencing.

It has been a busy week. My cousin Kristin and her girls came for Ladies Lunch on Wednesday as the girls had a half day first day of school. We headed to Tony's Clam Shack at Wollaston Beach and later made a stop at Hornstra Farm in Norwell for ice cream. It was a perfect outing for a very warm, sticky day.

I'm happy to report that I am at the binding stage of the Lori Holt - Let's Bake quilt. I finished quilting it on Tuesday and added the wide, red rickrack to the edge.


Here it is with the binding. (I still have three side to go :-).


I love, love, love the rickrack!!! Wouldn't it be adorable on a baby quilt or a quilt for a child? You sew the rickrack at 1/8" and the binding at 1/4."

This morning was the first meeting of the season at the Herring Run Guild. The show and tell segment, as usual, was amazing. My friend Maribeth wowed everyone with her 365 Day Quilt. (She said it only took her three years to complete.  :-) My friend Edith also made this incredible quilt. I'll be sure to post photos of both quilts when they are hanging at our upcoming quilt guild show. Better yet, make plans to come see for yourself  all 199 + quilts which will be on display Saturday and Sunday, September 29 - 30 at the Norwell Middle School, Rt. 123. Hours  . . . 10am to 4pm. Guild member, Mary Ann Karpinski, will be our featured quilter, and there will be a silent auction, raffle baskets, and vendors.


My garden is winding down after the weather that we have been having, but there are still a few spots of color.


Speaking of color, as I was driving home after this morning's guild meeting, this lone tree caught my eye.




I love all the seasons, and autumn is truly a wonderful time of year but this color is way too early!!! This tree for some reason must have wanted to get a jump start on the season.

Have a colorful, happy week.

2 comments:

  1. The rickrack addition was perfect! Lovely fall colors--that is the part of fall I love the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Autumn, it is still so hot and humid here in Florida it is quite disgusting. What I wouldn't give for a cool day.

    ReplyDelete