Thursday, July 5, 2018

Just Call Me Betsy Ross


This flag on my front door is a panel from the Stonehenge line of fabric. I had begun quilting it over the weekend at our monthly quilting get-together in Stoughton, but I put the finishing stitches on the binding just a few minutes before friends arrived for a festive, fun July Fourth celebration. Okay, maybe it wasn't all that festive and fun, but the food was good and my table sure looked pretty with a tablecloth that I had purchased in Italy and the cobalt blue water pitcher and glasses set that my mom had received as an engagement present in the late 40s.

[BTW: in case you are interested, I stitched down the stripes and crosshatched the stars on the flag panel . . . simple but effective.]


On Friday and Saturday,  I had also worked on a few more blocks for the Lori Holt - "Let's Bake2" quilt. I need to get cracking on this quilt so it will be ready for some upcoming quilt guild shows in the fall.



There are four small aprons; these two are my favorites.




On Sunday, I went to a ninth birthday party for my little cousin, F.P.  and we celebrated all the other July birthdays in the family as well. While it was sweltering here, an hour away it was much better as my cousin lives near the water.


I celebrated my birthday on Monday, and my forever friend Cathy took me out for dinner that night.

Besides doing some quilting, I have been designing bookmarks and a flier for one guild's October show. I definitely need to take some computer classes as it was sheer luck coupled with a ton of perseverance and determination that they turned out as well as they did. :-) I know you can't read the info on the flier, but don't worry as I will give you all the details about the show as the time gets closer.

 

One last thing . . . I finished the 1,000 piece puzzle on my sunporch featuring New England signs/posters. My friend Ann Marie had said it would be quick and easy to do as there were small separate sections of color. Quick??? Not for me . . . it was a real time sucker, but I did enjoy working on it. (That's probably why I haven't made much progress with my quilting. :-) It's done now, however, but I think that I will keep it together for another week or so to enjoy. Put a big gold star on my forehead!


Keep cool and have a lovely rest of the week.

3 comments:

  1. The cobalt blue pitcher and glasses are beautiful with your tablecloth! Love your aprons and late happy birthday! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry. I love that pitcher and glasses, too.

      Delete
  2. Well done on all your projects Janice.

    ReplyDelete