Sunday, July 15, 2018

Colorful Spots in My Garden This Week




It appears that we will be having another stretch of high temperatures and high humidity this week. After church this morning, I went out to deadhead some of my flowers but within a very short time I was dripping with sweat. There went my plans to do a bit of weeding in my big garden. It will just have to wait. Speaking of my big garden, there have been frequent sightings of a cottontail in it, but so far it doesn't seem to be feasting on any of my flowers. He/she is welcome to all the weeds that it can eat as long as it leaves my flowers alone. (BTW: Emma is super fast; thankfully, the cottontail is even faster.)


 I really shouldn't stop by Lowe's any more as I am running out of room for the bargains I have been picking up in the garden center. This week I purchased from the clearance rack two yellow, yarrow plants and this cheery sunflower which is loaded with blossoms. Each plant was just five dollars. :-)
The pot the sunflower was in had a hole on the side, but that was no big deal as I always have an extra pot or two or twenty kicking around. I'm thinking this photo might be a good subject for a wall hanging . . . h'mmm . . . perhaps I'll put that on my list.



The biggest bargains, however, were these pretty hanging pots with jeweled hangers.  Really, who could resist a fancy, "blinged up" pot full of colorful flowers also for a mere five dollars? I can't imagine why they were all marked down as the petunias, verbena, calibrachoa mix will keep blooming right through to fall. They had originally cost much more than that and there were many, many of them still on the shelves.  The pots themselves were not a sturdy material, but I can always unclip the jeweled hangers and put them on sturdier pots next year. How many did I buy? FOUR!!! I even had to buy another shepherd's hook, but winters here are snowy, cold, and long so that justifies splurging on summer flowers.


My, my, my doesn't the pot on the left look a tad dull with out any beads. :-)



The blue globe above is perfectly round, so I'm not sure why it appears misshapen. Optical illusion . . .


Finally, here's the $3.00 gerbera daisy I bought last week. Bargains!!! Bargains!!! Bargains!!!

On the quilting front, I completed four more blocks for my Lori Holt Let's Bake2 quilt, and I'll show them to you in the next post. I have only a couple of blocks to do before I can stitch it all together as I have already completed the border blocks. Yippee!!!

Have a colorful week full of sunshine and happy moments!

2 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! (Miss K is helping me with reading blogs and replying!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have such a cute little helper. :-)

      Delete