Tuesday, June 26, 2018

No Pretty Pictures

There are no pretty pictures today. The last few weeks have brought many of us to the brink of despair about the direction our country is headed. While I absolutely respect the rights of others to hold different opinions, I for one, am sickened, distraught, and angered by the actions taken by our government officials in the past few weeks . . . actions which have separated over 2,000 innocent babies and children from their parents. Many of these children have been shipped to far off locations in the dead of night. This is pure evil. What has happened to us? Is this what America has become?

I remember when I first read about the Japanese interment camps which were established during the Second World War. I couldn't believe that something so heinous had occurred in our country. It is the same disbelief I feel today when I read of proposals to built tent camps on military bases to house and contain the immigrants, many of whom are seeking safety and a better life for their children. The solution to the immigration problems are not easy, but surely, good men and women with integrity in our United States Congress could come together to try and solve this problem. Enough with the rhetoric, the finger pointing and the blame, the hate speech, the fearmongering, the bombast,  do something.  We should have "zero tolerance policy" for all those who fail to act.


*** Readers come to this blog to be uplifted and honestly, I am by nature a pretty positive person, but since this blog is in a way, my journal, today I just had to express these thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment