Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Quilting Goals for 2018



One of the two amaryllis bulbs that I purchased shortly before Christmas is blooming.  There are three blossoms on this striking red amaryllis.  I usually purchase two or three bulbs and plant them a few weeks apart so I will have continuous blooms, but this year I potted up two bulbs at the same time. For the longest time there was no sign of life with the the other bulb, but suddenly last week green appeared and there are now two stalks with buds coming up.


On Monday evening, I attended a meeting of the Quilters Connection Guild in Waltham . The featured speaker was contemporary quilt artist Ann Brauer. If interested, you may view some of her colorful, vibrant quilt pieces in her Etsy shop, Ann Brauer Studio - Contemporary Art Quilts and More.

I continue to work on Bonnie Hunter's "On Ringo Lake" mystery quilt. If you click on the link, you will see Bonnie's beautiful completed quilt and tutorials for making one yourself. She designed an interesting 'on point' layout with sashing. Her version calls for fifty blocks to create a quilt which is 70x94. As of now, I intend to make a somewhat smaller version.  At yesterday's meeting of the Crosstown Quilters Guild, I asked if anyone else was doing this mystery quilt, and I was surprised that no one besides Susan, Edith, Laurel, and I are working on it.


Many of the bloggers that I follow have been writing about their quilting goals for 2018, so I thought that I, too, might list some of the big projects that I hope to tackle/complete. Here goes.

1.) Finish "On Ringo Lake."
2.) Finish a Ricky Tim's "Celtic Cross" quilt.
3.) Finish a BOM that I started at a local quilt shop that has since closed.
4.) Quilt a batik top that has been completed for quite some time.
5.) Quilt another small quilt that has also been completed for some time.
6.) Finish a garden - themed quilt.
7.) Finish a Row by Row quilt.
8.) Finish a hand applique quilt based on a Yoko Saito book.

Oh, oh! There unfortunately appears to be a trend here. I guess that means I won't be doing the BOM from The Quilt Show this year.  I shouldn't admit it, but earlier this evening the doorbell rang and UPS was delivering a package . . . with a big smile on my face I opened it to see a kit for an upcoming Lori Holt quilt. :-) I really couldn't help myself since it looks like it will be lots of fun to work on. 

So, as you can see, I'm going to accomplish quite a lot in the year ahead . . . I hope . . . I hope . . . I hope. :-)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it. . .besides, you've two of the projects to the quilting stage and by my book, that is more than half way to the finish! Love the red blooms--those are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete