Monday, January 8, 2018

Cyclamens



I picked up two sweet little cyclamens at the grocery store last week which provide a spot of color on my kitchen windowsill. 


These vintage silver plated mugs/cups came from my aunts' home as did the blue bottle. I remember that when I was a child, they used the mug/cup above to scoop laundry powder from a large tub.  The silver plating has worn off, but I still like it. The blue glass bottle which once contained Milk of Magnesia also came from their home. I used to bring those bottles home thinking they were too pretty to throw out. I have many lovely vases, but still use this bottle for simple flower arrangements. :-)


This is the same cyclamen that I posted before, but as you can see it has grown and is bursting with blooms. I always seem to have good luck with cyclamens. The key is preventing the soil from drying out. As soon as you see the slightest signs of drooping, water the plant. Because the pots on the windowsill are so tiny, these plants are watered each morning. Another key is a cool environment. (My friends will attest that my home is never too warm. :-)

One last thing. . . have you seen the President's latest tweet ??? Here's another "stable genius."


Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. What sweet memories you have! Your cyclamen is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s one of the prettiest cyclamen that I have ever had.
    Yes, I have wonderful memories of my aunts who lived on the next street over and who always spoiled my brother and me. :-)

    ReplyDelete