Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Quilting Week in Review


Yesterday after spending the morning working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery,  "On Ringo Lake," I called a friend to see if she wanted to go on an impromptu field trip to The Black Crow quilt shop in Bolton. What a lovely shop filled with a fine selection of fabric and wool!!! Yes, that was my reason for visiting this shop . . . to find some wool for a little project. Oh La La!!! There was a gorgeous selection of wool!!! :-) They had the wool in charm packs, fat quarters, and larger pieces along with a fine selection of patterns and kits. This store is definitely worth a visit.

In my attempts to be more productive this year, I thought it would be helpful to record what I have accomplished each week. At our guild meeting on Tuesday, I turned in three Harry Potter pillow cases and one drawstring bag. Since then, I have made two more draw string bags, prepped a small wool piece, and during last night's Patriot's game, finished the binding on a quilt which I'm giving to my 'forever' friend. What do I mean by forever? Well. . .  many, many, many, many years ago a little girl was walking up the street with her mother when her mother stopped and said, "Look at that cute, little red headed girl in the playpen. Maybe someday you will be friends."  I was the one in the playpen and thus have no memory of this, but my friend Cathy says it happened just like that. Once out of the playpen stage, we did indeed become friends and have remained friends ever since. :-)

One more thing . . . in a recent post I compared #45, our self-proclaimed "very stable genius" President to the original stable genius, Mr. Ed. Sure, they both have palomino manes, but the similarities end there. I did not in any way wish to besmirch Mr. Ed's good name. He was, of course, of course, a very smart horse who had enough horse sense to never, ever use hateful, disturbing, mean-spirited, or vile language.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story about your forever friend and what a thoughtful gift to give her! I hope you will post a photo of her and her quilt!

    ReplyDelete