Monday, October 30, 2017

Thrifting Fun on the Cape


On Saturday, I drove down to the Cape with a friend to meet up with seven other ladies to spend the day thrift shopping. Our caravan of three cars headed to shops in the Yarmouth area.


It was a perfect weather day, but unfortunately, there was no foliage color down south either though I did manage to find some touches of autumn.


What were the treasures found? Pam came home with two small, painted tables. Another bought a solid wood rocking horse and a rocking chair for her grandson. Others came home with new jackets, coats,  and even a nifty pair of sleek black leather pants.  Jewelry, glassware, and all sorts of other items were found. It was fun to see what caught others' eyes, and of course, there was always a group of encouraging advisors.


What did I come home with you ask? This is Tommy Leafowitz, a Boyds Bear. I don't collect bears, but his leaf decorated olive green overall outfit was just too cute.  I already had this wooden bench and tiny pumpkin, so I thought it would be a cute fall decoration. 


The purple silk tie will go in my stash for crazy quilting. The glass boot mug may hold flowers  on my sun porch table next summer. I love the six pumpkin colored napkins and the old fashioned boot. It's narrow enough to sit on a windowsill to hold flowers or on my table to corral pens and pencils. It was made in 1973 and has the maker's name on the bottom.


Finally, I  had to rescue this cute little guy in one of the storefront windows. After all, I wouldn't want him to melt! :-)

Total purchases for me . . . under twenty dollars; a day spent thrifting with friends . . . priceless.

1 comment:

  1. What terrific purchases and of course, you are right on about the time spent with friends. . .it is priceless!

    ReplyDelete