Sunday, October 1, 2017

I Love My Retirement!


Don't get me wrong; I totally loved my job as an eighth grade English/Language Arts teacher, but this retirement gig is tons of fun! Since this blog acts as my journal, let me tell you about my week.  On Monday, I had lunch with a group of friends at the Common Market in Quincy. The conversation is always lively when this group of former teachers gets together. On Tuesday, there was a meeting of the Crosstown Quilters. On Wednesday, I had a flute lesson and dinner with my quilting buddies. On Thursday, I headed north with three friends to pick up our quilts at Dancing Crane Quilting in Contoocook, NH.  Contoocook is close to Henniker, so of course, we visited one of our favorite quilt shops, Quilted Threads, where I picked up a pattern and some wool for an upcoming project. 

This is a Stoughton quilting weekend, and I spent my time prepping a Halloween fused applique wall hanging with, I swear, a zillion pieces. Some ladies laughed when I said that I hoped to get it done in time for Halloween. They wondered which year I intended that to be. On Friday, my friend Laurel and I had gone to Lincoln, RI to Ryco Creative Sewing Center where there was a fabulous selection of fabric, and I found among other things just the perfect candy corn fabric to back my Halloween quilt. My credit card was smoking by the time that I left :-) We also enjoyed a yummy lunch at a new restaurant for us in nearby Cumberland, RI. When you visit Rycos be sure to stop for a bite to eat at Davenports.


This brings me to today. I attended early Mass, but returned after the 12:00 Mass for a blessing of the animals. Emma, wearing her game-day shirt, happily greeted all the other dogs and their owners.


She was curious about what was happening, but here's the amazing thing . . . she didn't bark even once; if you know mini schnauzers, you realize just how amazing that was! She seemed to enjoy the whole brief ceremony even when she was sprinkled with the holy water. :-)


 Then it was time to settle in and watch the game.


Emma's attention quickly waned and a nap was soon underway.


As soon as the game is over, I'm heading over to Stoughton where our group quilts to use the large tables to layer my Halloween quilt.

It was quite a week; I wonder what's on my schedule for this week? I hope the week ahead is full of happy moments for you.

2 comments:

  1. You probably wonder how you had time to work! Sounds like your life is fun and that is exactly how it should be!

    ReplyDelete