Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Oh, "Deer" Me!!!


Normally, I don't let Emma out in the morning until 9:00. This morning a friend was picking me up for a guild meeting, so Emma went out about 8:00. Frantic barking immediately ensued, and I as quickly and carefully as possible hobbled my way down the backstairs to see what the heck was going on. I knew it had to be more than the usual 'Cirque du Soleil Squirrels' leaping from branch to branch driving Emma nuts. Yikes! There were deer in the woods. Two immediately took off, but this one appeared unfazed by my mini schnauzer contained in our fenced-in backyard. The deer looked at me and I sensed her saying, "Look, I'll pose sweetly for you if you will just do something about that awful barking."Deal!!! Emma soon went to patrol along the rest of the fence, and I grabbed this shot with my iPhone. 

This is the same area where I have seen deer before . . . a year or so ago. Don't get the wrong idea about "the woods." It's a not too large strip of trees surrounded by typical suburban backyards. I suppose it's a pretty safe place for them to spend the night. A family of foxes also has a den there somewhere.

Emma had an appointment at the groomers this afternoon and came home with this spiffy green plaid bow. I'll tuck it away for St. Patrick's Day.  :-)



Here's a photo taken this evening because she looked so darn cute.


A number of years ago, I won the door prize for this little cornucopia candle mat kit at a guild meeting, and I finally got around to making it.



No comments:

Post a Comment