Monday, May 2, 2016

Simpler Times - Part 2


Today, I thought I would talk about the images that I selected for my crazy quilt project and the transfer material that I use.  There are many products which allow you to print photos on cotton fabric sheets using your inkjet printer, and I have tried many of them. The one which I have the best results with is Jacquard's Cotton Fabric Sheets. When I edit the images, I prefer to use the "antique" filter which gives a slight tint as opposed to the "sepia" filter which is too dark for my light colored crazy quilt blocks.

The images in my grandmother's album are small, faded, and in some cases badly degraded, but with a simple editing program, iPhoto, I was able to get some fairly good images. Though I won't be using any of the photos in this post in my crazy quilt project, I thought you might enjoy seeing them. 

The photo above and this one both appear to have been taken at the same time as yesterday's ladder photo.  If you look very, very closely, you will find nine people in this photo. 



In this picnic scene, my grandmother is seated on the left.


It is difficult to see, but I think my grandmother is the woman taking the photo in the image below. 


It appears she is using a camera similar to this Kodak Pocket camera. The one below is a model from 1922, sixteen years after these photos were taken in Winthrop, Maine.


Just for fun, check out this price list and magazine offer.









1 comment:

  1. Wonderful view of simpler times. I especially enjoyed the price list.

    ReplyDelete