Saturday, February 13, 2016

Brrrrr . . . It"s Getting Cold Outside



You know you're in trouble when the meteorologists start using phrases such as "dangerous windchill factor,""record breaking cold," etc . . . It is expected to drop to -5F* degrees by tomorrow morning. [That sounds a whole lot better than if it was converted to Celsius which would make it -20.555556C.] Yikes!!!  Anyway, Emma is giving me this, "Really? You mean I have to wear this sweatshirt under my winter jacket; I won't be able to move"  look!!! I like how her ear is cocked. Note the Valentine bling from the groomer on her ear tips. Our trips outside tonight and tomorrow will be super, super short; I, myself, will also be bundled up like Nanook of the North. [I've always heard the expression "Nanook of the North" but never knew where it came from. A quick search indicated that in 1922, film-maker Robert J. Flaherty spent a year making a documentary featuring the life of an Inuit family living in the Arctic Circle. Even more amazing, you can watch the hour and fifteen minute documentary here on YouTube. Its other title is "A Story of Life and Love in the Actual Artic. " Guess what I'll be watching tonight.

By the way,  Monday at midday, it is expected to return to a balmy 25 with some snow and then later it may change over to rain. Tuesday should see temps in the 50s.   Unbelievable!!!

As I was finishing the writing of this post, I received a text from a friend letting me know that Jake, her seventeen year old dog, had passed on. He was a fine, old gentleman who would tolerate visits from Emma and before her, Katie, whenever I went away. My godchild and her family recently bid goodbye to one of their cats, Cleo, who was 18 and a half. Pets enrich our lives so very much. Give yours an extra pat, hug, and treat tonight.

Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment