Sunday, September 21, 2014

Herring Run Quilt Guild 2014 - 25th Anniversary Show




The Herring Run Quilt Guild had their biennial show this weekend. The quilts on display were all beautiful. Imagine my surprise on Saturday to see this Vendor's Choice ribbon pinned on my "Manarola-Cinque Terre" piece. [The eight vendors at the show had each been given a ribbon to pin on his or her favorite quilt.]


This afternoon there was another wonderful surprise; my "Waiting for Lovers" piece received a Viewers' Choice First Place Ribbon! Wow! Ribbons were given out in different quilt categories.

Both of these quilts were original designs based on photos I had taken on a camera club trip to Italy in 2012.






My friend Edith received a 2nd place ribbon for this colorful masterpiece "Totally Eclipse." Honestly, this was a terrific show. I am lucky to belong to a guild with such creative, talented quilters. 



Here is the third piece that I had in the show. It was a block of the month,  "JOY," and the pattern was from Whirligig Designs.





No comments:

Post a Comment