Sunday, May 5, 2013

Heart Blossoms



     In February, Ricky Tims posted a free pattern, "Heart Blossoms," on The Quilt Show website. He encouraged everyone to have fun with it and to make any changes that we wished. Well, it took me a while to get around to making it, but I finally did and I'm happy with how it turned out. A piece of the batik fabric which I was using looked a bit like a butterfly, so I fussy cut a section for the wings, added a body, and placed it on one of the blossoms. Also, I placed four, little, yellow heart buttons in the center.  If you click on the photo, you will be able to see a larger version of this piece.
     Speaking of The Quilt Show, please keep Libby Lehman in your thoughts and prayers. She is a frequent contributor to the program and one of the funniest women in the world of quilting; a nicer, more genuine person you could never meet. I have heard her speak on a number of occasions and each time was a delight. She is being treated in a Houston hospital after having an aneurysm and suffering a stroke. Miracles do happen and everyone in the quilting world will be praying that she makes a full recovery.


     Finally, after doing my grocery shopping the other day, I began pulling out of my parking spot when I noticed this spring scene. I stopped and took a quick shot with my iPhone. The spring yellows and greens were so vivid. Naturally, I could have cropped the parking lot spaces out, but I wanted to remind myself and others that there is beauty everywhere if we just keep our eyes open.
     Cropped photo version . . .


1 comment:

  1. your little quilt looks wonderful.. what fun to be able to see such a beautiful place while doing the shopping x Have been reading the updates on Libby... does not sound good for her.. but you never know xx

    ReplyDelete