Friday, June 8, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ball Game


     Yesterday, I went to lunch at the Inn at Bay Pointe with a group of fellow teacher retirees. Upon leaving the restaurant, the skies opened up, and I made a mad dash to my car. This shower wasn't a good sign as I had plans for the evening. The company where my friend works had given out tickets to a Red Sox game, and so we were headed for Fenway Park. Not being sure of what the weather would be, I brought plastic bags to sit on, layers of outerwear, and a rain slicker. By the time we made it to the Kenmore station and started walking toward the park, the weather was downright balmy. It turned out to be a wonderful spring evening for enjoying a game.

   
     Clay Buchholz pitched a four hitter for his third career shut out. It was great fun to attend a game in person. For those readers not from this area, it may interest you to know that this grand old ballpark this year is one hundred years old. I celebrated by enjoying a delicious Fenway frank. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment