Monday, March 5, 2012

Cape Cod Quilting Getaway - Part 2

   
     Over a year ago, my friends Edith, Donna, and I all began working on the same BOM called "Joy." (For those non quilters reading this, BOM stands for Block of the Month. Each month you receive a new pattern and enough fabric to complete that month's block or  blocks.)  Edith finished her quilt top a few weeks ago and over the weekend Donna completed her top. As for me, I'm still working on mine. I had given myself permission to take a break from the process, and so I have two months' blocks still to complete. I just needed a break to do other quilt pieces. It has been a l-o-n-g, time consuming process, but as you can see by these photos of Edith's quilt top it will be worth it when it is done.


     Here is Maribeth's Blooming Nine Patch.


Aren't the colors spectacular? These photo don't really do it justice.


Speaking of color, take a look at Veronica's quilt. Wow!



    Tomorrow I will post more photos of quilts from the weekend.

2 comments: