Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend


    I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving; I know that I certainly did.  The fun started on Wednesday morning when I went with my cousin and her family to a brunch and puppet show at her little one's nursery school. On Turkey Day, I actually sat and watched the entire Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade before driving to a family dinner in Berlin, MA. Friday through Sunday was spent at a quilt getaway at a local hotel. Well, it wasn't exactly a getaway since we did go home each night, but we are able to leave all of our things set up and ready for when we return to quilt. On Friday afternoon, I drove to Beverly, MA. My cousin and her husband hosted a pizza party before the annual Tree Lighting ceremony on the common. There was even an appearance from Santa who arrived in a police car with sirens blaring and blue lights flashing. The temperature was warmer than usual, and that was much appreciated. Sunday meant one final meal of turkey leftovers at a friend's house which brought the weekend to a fitting close.

No comments:

Post a Comment