Monday, March 19, 2018

An Interesting Development


Here's another completed block from Lori Holt's "Let's Bake 2" quilt.  I am enjoying working on it so much.


The dials are accented with simple embroidery stitches as is the bottom of the red gingham towel.


On Saturday I drove to Lincoln, RI,  with my friend Laurel to go to a sale at Ryco's Trim and Sewing Center. Owner Pat Ryan always has a big sale on St. Patrick's Day. Nearly everything was 20% off, and the place was mobbed. I had never been there on that sale day, but it was fun. The Irish music was blaring and the aisles were filled with happy fabric enthusiasts. The lines at the cutting tables were long and the wait at the three registers was even longer. We had arrived around 11:00 but later discovered that arriving around 2:00 would have been better. How did we discover that? Well, I'll explain that in just a bit.

I was very pleased with my purchases. Among other things, I was able to pick up a number of pieces for quilt backs including one featuring vintage aprons for the back of my "Let's Bake2" quilt.

So, we left Ryco's and planned to go get some lunch. Since our bags were so darn heavy, I said that I would walk up the hill to get the car. That's when things got interesting. When I went to start my car, the engine light came on and didn't go off. We waited about ninety minutes for the tow truck. As we sat waiting, we watched the crowded parking lot gradually empty out, and we realized that another time we would come to the sale in the afternoon. 

When the flat bed truck arrived, Laurel and I climbed up into the cab with the driver. It's a good thing he was skinny as it was a really, really tight fit!!! Lincoln, RI, is about fifty minutes from my home in Massachusetts. Let's just say the tow truck driver had quite a heavy foot, and we made it back to the dealership in thirty minutes!!! Yikes!!!

My car is only five months old, so this was an unpleasant development. The service department at the dealership has an excellent reputation, so once they are able to get the necessary parts, fingers crossed, my car should be good to go. 

Northeaster #4 is coming later this week. Happy Spring!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an unsettling experience with your car not wanting to start! I saw that embroidery on the gingham and was in love with your block at once! What great embellishments!

    ReplyDelete