Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sewing Shoppe Thread Holder



 Yesterday I attended the Crosstown Quilters Guild Christmas luncheon and look at the adorable thread holder that I brought home.


In the background of the first photo, you can see a portion of an old clock which has been in my kitchen for as long as I can remember. It originally belonged to my father's grandfather. Yes, it's that old, and it still keeps good time. Well, it sometimes runs about ten minutes slow, but if you were over a hundred years old, you might run a bit slow, too. :-) I wind it every Sunday morning, and it rewards me  by striking the hour and half hour all week long.  

Fourteen of the Dancing Queens got together the other night for dinner at a local restaurant. What a great turnout it was. All of these lovely women were fellow teachers. The first time we got together we were all still teaching and had gone to dinner after seeing Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia. Hence the name Dancing Queens which has stuck. The movie came out in 2008, and we have been meeting about once a month ever since.


Decorating update: the tree on the porch and the outside tree are decorated so I am making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment