Monday, March 2, 2015

More Amaryllis Images - Moku Hanga


     Well, the snow came, but we still need a few more inches to break the all-time snow record for the Boston area. Before joining friends for Italian conversation practice this morning, I spend a little time with the Moku Hanga app on my iPad. It's easy to use and fun for would-be artists.  Not all photos work well for this process, but these shots taken on Saturday, I think, are interesting. You can select from different styles, borders, and textures to render your images.


     On another note, last week I wrote of how Emma simply walked over the snow buried fence separating the front and back yards to go for a short stroll. Well, in today's newspaper there is an article about this problem. According to our town's animal control officer it is happening all over town. He is admonishing owners to be sure their dogs are wearing tags and that owners have made certain their dogs are unable to wander off. In just the last few weeks, there have been twenty to thirty dogs who have done what Emma did. Since there are no cleared sidewalks to go for a walk, the dogs are taking matters into their own paws, but it not safe. 
     Spring is coming . . . nineteen days. I can't wait to go for some long walks with Emma.

     Finally, the movie The Sound of Music" turns fifty today. I remember my Aunt Ruth taking me and a friend to see it in Boston when it first came out. What an impression it made on us! If you ever have the chance to go to a sing-along presentation of the movie, do go. A friend and I went to such a performance a couple of years ago, and it was great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment