Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Monday Morning with My Camera


My plans for yesterday morning had been changed, and I was feeling the need to go out and take some photos.  Since we had had a few inches of snow the night before, I reasoned that the waves might be up and that I might be able to catch some surfers down in Hull, so off I went. Well, the waves were there, but alas there were no surfers.


I continued on to Hull Village to capture this scene. 


I love the architecture of St. Nicholas United Methodist Church.


Next it was on to Scituate, but I'm saving those photos.  Suffice it to say, I was beyond thrilled with the photo that I will feature in tomorrow's post.

After Scituate, I stopped at the beach in Cohasset where I captured this seagull surveying his domain.


Just how high is that frozen mountain of snow, gravel and grit? Perhaps this photo will give you some idea.


The mountain stretched across half of the parking lot. Do you think it will melt in time for swim season?



Finally, as you travel along the "Rocky Road to Dublin" on this St. Patrick's Day . . .

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
                                                                       Anonymous

In case you were wondering, Boston born Blanche Ring was a singer, actress, and comedienne on Broadway for four decades. She introduced this song in 1915. I slipped this sheet music in with my flute pieces and in the middle of my lesson began playing it which gave my long-suffering flute teacher a laugh. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment